Councillor Antonella Celi
|Posted by antonellaceli on October 10, 2020 at 2:20 AM|
Response to Hillview Quary Project question of support.
What is very important for me is that the decision undertaken by the Council needs to be
- well considered taking all information into account
- that the community is informed as much as possible
- that the community is given every opportunity to respond throughout the formal processes.
While I understand the community wants a clear yes or no answer, I will not pre-empt any Council decision at this stage until all information has been released through the EES and is well considered by the Shire and the community. I am also minduful not to compromise my position at the Council table because of the pre-juidicial role a Councillor performs when deciding on Planning matters and issues.
Upcoming steps in the process:
- The Hillview Quarry Project EES will be handed down by the State Government for exhibition of documents by the Department of Environment, Landing, Water & Planning (DELWP) around July, 2021
- The EES will then go on public exhibition
- The community will have an opportunity to responsd through the EES consultation process
- The Shire will be able to put forward a submission and an adopted position statement to the EES consultation process
- The EES Process may also involve further hearings into the matter
- The final decision of whether the project proceeds will be the responsibility of the State Planning Minister
I look forward to taking part in the assessment of the EES once it is released and working with Council to put forward a policy based decision and submission to the EES Consultation process once it is announced.